Is it possible?

Love and relationships sometimes go sour.

Moderator: IHN Forum Moderators

wut do u think?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 15

single

Postby insanehippie » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:56 am

Evil_yet_Kind_87 wrote:alright besides the question now, does anyone think they've already found their true love yet?

Right now I'm not looking for a girlfriend or someone to date nonetheless a true love.

I like being single and I'll let y'all know when that changes.

-Jesse
http://www.boldconservative.com - A proud Red State Conservative, and Un-Reconstructed Southerner!
God Bless the Troops.
"Why not the Time Cube?" The only reason is educated stupidity. -TimeCube.com
insanehippie
Admin!
Admin!

Postby Mo » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:58 am

I agree with alot of the thigs people have said, especialy PCM's comments. But I thought I would add one thing:

The most important thing to rememer about love, TRUE LOVE, is that it is indestructable. Love never gives up. Love never says die. TRUE LOVE NEVER stops. It is easy as hell to love someone thru all the happy, kissy, snuggly times. But when he or she fucks up, or when times get rough, love must prevail. Love is what will carry you through the bad times.
When your significant other is not so significant. When they loose their job, fight a drug addiction, or just have a shitty day and are grumpy. Thats when they need your love! Love will pick someone up when their down.
Now, I'll tell you right now that this type of love can be a very difficult thing to master. But give it a shot, next time you don't feel like loving someone so much, remember that love NEVER quits. Make it clear that you still love them and that you always will. And not with just words, do it with your actions. I think you'll both benifit loads from it and it's also a good way to kinda rise above a shitty situation. You know you want someone to love you like that. Why don't you start by doing it for them?

(I hope that didn't sound too preachy)
Postatute

HOOTY HOO!!!
-The Eule
Mo
Social Derelict
Social Derelict

Postby ~*Hellokittygurl*~ » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:03 am

Mo wrote:I agree with alot of the thigs people have said, especialy PCM's comments. But I thought I would add one thing:

The most important thing to rememer about love, TRUE LOVE, is that it is indestructable. Love never gives up. Love never says die. TRUE LOVE NEVER stops. It is easy as hell to love someone thru all the happy, kissy, snuggly times. But when he or she fucks up, or when times get rough, love must prevail. Love is what will carry you through the bad times.
When your significant other is not so significant. When they loose their job, fight a drug addiction, or just have a shitty day and are grumpy. Thats when they need your love! Love will pick someone up when their down.
Now, I'll tell you right now that this type of love can be a very difficult thing to master. But give it a shot, next time you don't feel like loving someone so much, remember that love NEVER quits. Make it clear that you still love them and that you always will. And not with just words, do it with your actions. I think you'll both benifit loads from it and it's also a good way to kinda rise above a shitty situation. You know you want someone to love you like that. Why don't you start by doing it for them?

Hell yes, thank you man! that completed my little confusion about sum stuff, so thanx :D
Naw didnt sound too preach :P
~*Hellokittygurl*~
Deranged Hermit
Deranged Hermit

Postby post climactic glow » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:58 am

Mo wrote:I agree with alot of the thigs people have said, especialy PCM's comments. But I thought I would add one thing:

Well said, Mo. You seem very insightful and sweet.
Motions aren't in the shape that emotions are.

I don't believe in energy if tension is too low.

If you really love something, then you have to let it go and endorse everything about it that attracted you to it in the first place. You have to treat it in the same way or you'll just suffocate and destroy it in the end if you don't.

I'm looking to catch something that you treat with head and whiskey.
post climactic glow
Isolated Basement Dweller
Isolated Basement Dweller

Postby Ronquistador » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:17 pm

:smiles:

yeah - love be great
"Hooray for me and to hell with you!"
-Mr Nunally... RIP
Ronquistador
(Ask InsaneHippie for a custom rank)
(Ask InsaneHippie for a custom rank)

Postby PugLuv83 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:17 pm

You guys are full of it - lots of relationships have love and still die.

There's more to relationships that love - like LIFE itself.

All of you guys seem to have this fanciful view of love that may be true, but what happens when the stresses of life step in and all you have is love? Or you love someone who you can't trust, or you guys have financial problems, or someone's family doesn't like you, or I mean, there are so many things that can break people up.

Relationships aren't all about love, they are about trying to keep the love from drowning in the waters of reality.
PugLuv83
Thought Police
Thought Police

Postby ~*Hellokittygurl*~ » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:40 pm

PugLuv83 wrote:You guys are full of it - lots of relationships have love and still die.

All of you guys seem to have this fanciful view of love that may be true, but what happens when the stresses of life step in and all you have is love? Or you love someone who you can't trust, or you guys have financial problems, or someone's family doesn't like you, or I mean, there are so many things that can break people up.

Relationships aren't all about love, they are about trying to keep the love from drowning in the waters of reality.

Man..what happened to you?
~*Hellokittygurl*~
Deranged Hermit
Deranged Hermit

Postby insanehippie » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:47 pm

PugLuv83 wrote:You guys are full of it - lots of relationships have love and still die.

Damn.
What a buzz kill.

And I'm the permabachelor of Richmond and I'm still optimistic.

-Jesse
http://www.boldconservative.com - A proud Red State Conservative, and Un-Reconstructed Southerner!
God Bless the Troops.
insanehippie
Admin!
Admin!

Postby insanehippie » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:57 pm

Isn't it normally the straight men who are blamed for being un-emotional jerks and the women who are the emotional ones who talk highly of romance and true love...

Something's not right here. I think I stepped into the Bizarro World[sup]TM[/sup].

-Jesse
God Bless the Troops.
insanehippie
Admin!
Admin!

Postby kristar » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:08 pm

i think that there should be a thread about how love doesn't suck as much as everyone complains that it does.

i can do without it, but i like the feeling.
[drown me with affection while i drown myself in liquor]
kristar
Enemy of the State
Enemy of the State

PreviousNext

Return to Love / Hate stories