Is it possible?

Love and relationships sometimes go sour.

Moderator: IHN Forum Moderators

wut do u think?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 15

Postby DazedandConfusedz » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:08 pm

PugLuv83 wrote:You guys are full of it - lots of relationships have love and still die.

There's more to relationships that love - like LIFE itself.

All of you guys seem to have this fanciful view of love that may be true, but what happens when the stresses of life step in and all you have is love? Or you love someone who you can't trust, or you guys have financial problems, or someone's family doesn't like you, or I mean, there are so many things that can break people up.

Relationships aren't all about love, they are about trying to keep the love from drowning in the waters of reality.

one word.... MIDOL
DazedandConfusedz
Isolated Basement Dweller

Postby insanehippie » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:23 pm

DazedandConfusedz wrote:
PugLuv83 wrote:You guys are full of it - lots of relationships have love and still die.

All of you guys seem to have this fanciful view of love that may be true, but what happens when the stresses of life step in and all you have is love? Or you love someone who you can't trust, or you guys have financial problems, or someone's family doesn't like you, or I mean, there are so many things that can break people up.

Relationships aren't all about love, they are about trying to keep the love from drowning in the waters of reality.

one word.... MIDOL

hear hear!
http://www.boldconservative.com - A proud Red State Conservative, and Un-Reconstructed Southerner!
God Bless the Troops.
"Why not the Time Cube?" The only reason is educated stupidity. -TimeCube.com
insanehippie
Admin!
Admin!

Postby Beezus » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:01 pm

Dazed took my line :(
Beezus
Enemy of the State
Enemy of the State

Postby Mo » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:51 am

post climactic glow wrote:
Mo wrote:I agree with alot of the thigs people have said, especialy PCM's comments. But I thought I would add one thing:

The most important thing to rememer about love, TRUE LOVE, is that it is indestructable. Love never gives up. Love never says die. TRUE LOVE NEVER stops. It is easy as hell to love someone thru all the happy, kissy, snuggly times. But when he or she fucks up, or when times get rough, love must prevail. Love is what will carry you through the bad times.
When your significant other is not so significant. When they loose their job, fight a drug addiction, or just have a shitty day and are grumpy. Thats when they need your love! Love will pick someone up when their down.
Now, I'll tell you right now that this type of love can be a very difficult thing to master. But give it a shot, next time you don't feel like loving someone so much, remember that love NEVER quits. Make it clear that you still love them and that you always will. And not with just words, do it with your actions. I think you'll both benifit loads from it and it's also a good way to kinda rise above a shitty situation. You know you want someone to love you like that. Why don't you start by doing it for them?

(I hope that didn't sound too preachy)

Well said, Mo. You seem very insightful and sweet.

Thanks babe.
Postatute

HOOTY HOO!!!
-The Eule
Mo
Social Derelict
Social Derelict

Postby Mo » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:02 am

Hey now, You sound a bit jaded to me. Sure lots of things can break people up but, Love is what helps you make it through those things intact. It sounds to me like (from halfway across the continent) you arent being loved the same amount in return. And if thats true, I'm sorry. Trust me, I know what i feels like. Look, whatever you do, dont give up, and dont become bitter. You will only hurt yourself in the end. :)
Postatute

HOOTY HOO!!!
-The Eule
Mo
Social Derelict
Social Derelict

Postby Mo » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:03 am

glitter_dawl wrote:i think that there should be a thread about how love doesn't suck as much as everyone complains that it does.

i can do without it, but i like the feeling.

Word!
Postatute

HOOTY HOO!!!
-The Eule
Mo
Social Derelict
Social Derelict

Postby PugLuv83 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:50 pm

Mo wrote:

Hey now, You sound a bit jaded to me. Sure lots of things can break people up but, Love is what helps you make it through those things intact. It sounds to me like (from halfway across the continent) you arent being loved the same amount in return. And if thats true, I'm sorry. Trust me, I know what i feels like. Look, whatever you do, dont give up, and dont become bitter. You will only hurt yourself in the end. :)

I'm not saying there's anything abnormally wrong with my relationship, I'm saying that it seems to many forum members have their heads in the clouds when it comes to life and love - dunno, maybe it has to do with the alcohol runnin' through their veins.
PugLuv83
Thought Police
Thought Police

Postby Mo » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:34 am

PugLuv83 wrote:
Mo wrote:

I'm not saying there's anything abnormally wrong with my relationship, I'm saying that it seems to many forum members have their heads in the clouds when it comes to life and love - dunno, maybe it has to do with the alcohol runnin' through their veins.

Sorry, I was drunk when I made that post and I shouldn't have made asumptions about your personal life. After reading it sober I can say that I didn't really get my point across properly. That happens to me alot though. Lucky for me people seem to actualy get used to it. :)
Postatute

HOOTY HOO!!!
-The Eule
Mo
Social Derelict
Social Derelict

Postby Mungman » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:13 pm

Shit I gotta get me a vagina. Gets you in the door at bars and gets you home just as quick.
"Wish in one hand. Shit in the other. See which hand fills up first." -God to me
Mungman

Location: Anally raping your mother while simultaneously pouring sugar in your gas tank.

Postby Beezus » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:58 pm

Maybe it's not so much about heads being in the clouds, but dealing with things rationally instead of arguing constantly to the point no one can stand being around them? And vagina's aren't that great, when blood clots start plopping out during your period it's a bit gross.
Beezus
Enemy of the State
Enemy of the State

PreviousNext

Return to Love / Hate stories