George Allen

Left, Right, Up and Down, everyone thinks they're right. Preach to the choir.

Moderator: IHN Forum Moderators

George Allen

Postby wahoopaul » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:18 pm

I just thought I'd pop in here for a second:

George Allen ran the most pathetic campaign I've ever seen...GOP insiders voted his campaign the worst...

But it wasn't just the worst run campaign in terms of responding to attacks or putting out effective messanging - it was also the most loathsome campaign in a generation.

In the final desperate moments, with his internal polls showing him down 3-4 points, Allen decided to turn to the age-old Nazi tactic of book burning. Allen accused Webb of pedophelia and worse by cherry picking fiction from his books - cherry picking scenes that Webb experienced in the horror of war. Allen campaign communications director Chris Lavita should have known better...he served his country...

Jim Webb is a best selling author who has written a dozen books. One such book that Allen attacked, Fields of Fire, is required reading at the Naval Academy. Others have been lauded by conservatives far and wide.

Allen's pathetic attack backfired, because it reinforced the notion that many people suspected: that Allen was a knuckle dragging cave man - the Last Segregationist Senator - a relic of Virginia's past.

Allen is finished forever, and to add insult to injury, rumors swirled throughout the campaign about Allen's alleged wife beating, alleged gay affairs, and past hate crimes against blacks.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

"Let's kick their soft teeth down their whiny throats"

-George Allen

PS: Those of you who think Webb is a conservative - forget it. He's a maverick. Webb ran as liberal on social issues (abortion, gay rights, stem cell, taxes, social justice, etc) and conservative on other issues (gun rights). IF you think this guy is a conservative, please read the following op-ed:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial ... =110009246

The age old lables of conservative and liberal no longer apply.
george w. bush -
he kills retards DEAD
wahoopaul
Enemy of the State
Enemy of the State

Re: George Allen

Postby insanehippie » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:53 pm

wahoopaul wrote:I just thought I'd pop in here for a second:

George Allen ran the most pathetic campaign I've ever seen...GOP insiders voted his campaign the worst...

But it wasn't just the worst run campaign in terms of responding to attacks or putting out effective messanging - it was also the most loathsome campaign in a generation.

In the final desperate moments, with his internal polls showing him down 3-4 points, Allen decided to turn to the age-old Nazi tactic of book burning. Allen accused Webb of pedophelia and worse by cherry picking fiction from his books - cherry picking scenes that Webb experienced in the horror of war. Allen campaign communications director Chris Lavita should have known better...he served his country...

Jim Webb is a best selling author who has written a dozen books. One such book that Allen attacked, Fields of Fire, is required reading at the Naval Academy. Others have been lauded by conservatives far and wide.

Allen's pathetic attack backfired, because it reinforced the notion that many people suspected: that Allen was a knuckle dragging cave man - the Last Segregationist Senator - a relic of Virginia's past.

Allen is finished forever, and to add insult to injury, rumors swirled throughout the campaign about Allen's alleged wife beating, alleged gay affairs, and past hate crimes against blacks.

-George Allen

PS: Those of you who think Webb is a conservative - forget it. He's a maverick. Webb ran as liberal on social issues (abortion, gay rights, stem cell, taxes, social justice, etc) and conservative on other issues (gun rights). IF you think this guy is a conservative, please read the following op-ed:

Welcome back Paul. Hopefully you'll stick around a bit.

Many in the Republican Party have really lost their way, and believed that just being the party in power was enough to get re-elected. Thankfully elitist thinking like that was given a swift smack across the face.

I somewhat paid attention to the campaign (okay, a few days was as much as I could stand...). I couldn't tell you where either Webb or Allen stood or anything just a few weeks after the election.

Negative campaigning works IF you can show the positive aspects of your own guy, all I remember was the blogger guy that kept bitching at Allen, and Allen's overbearing guards pushing that guy down.

I also remember barely the Jim Webb books which I thought were disgusting, but seriously I can't remember a single thing that either side promoted about their own candidate.

Both the Dems and Repubs were out of ideas and running on fumes this year. Hopefully it won't be that way in 2008.

I had much more enthusiasm (which ain't hard when I wasn't enthuastic a bit about the slate of Republicans) about the Virginia state level ballots about defining marriage and similar unions.

Hopefully hopefully BOTH major parties will take this election into account that you can't expect to win just because you're in power. Competition works great for everyone involved.

I just hope the "Conservative" Democrats (how Conservative will they stay after the Dem Party leadership cracks the whip?) stay that way instead of buckling under pressure, because they are the ones that helped win control of the Congress from the Republicans.

Thanks for coming back Paul.
I'm cheering for Hillary Clinton in the Dem Primaries in 2008 for Prez! heheheehehe.

Conservatives for Hindenburg Hillary!

-Jesse
http://www.boldconservative.com - A proud Red State Conservative, and Un-Reconstructed Southerner!
God Bless the Troops.
"Why not the Time Cube?" The only reason is educated stupidity. -TimeCube.com
insanehippie
Admin!
Admin!

Re: George Allen

Postby wahoopaul » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:21 pm

insanehippie wrote:
wahoopaul wrote:I just thought I'd pop in here for a second:

-George Allen

Welcome back Paul. Hopefully you'll stick around a bit.

Many in the Republican Party have really lost their way, and believed that just being the party in power was enough to get re-elected. Thankfully elitist thinking like that was given a swift smack across the face.

I somewhat paid attention to the campaign (okay, a few days was as much as I could stand...). I couldn't tell you where either Webb or Allen stood or anything just a few weeks after the election.

Negative campaigning works IF you can show the positive aspects of your own guy, all I remember was the blogger guy that kept bitching at Allen, and Allen's overbearing guards pushing that guy down.

I also remember barely the Jim Webb books which I thought were disgusting, but seriously I can't remember a single thing that either side promoted about their own candidate.

Both the Dems and Repubs were out of ideas and running on fumes this year. Hopefully it won't be that way in 2008.

I had much more enthusiasm (which ain't hard when I wasn't enthuastic a bit about the slate of Republicans) about the Virginia state level ballots about defining marriage and similar unions.

Hopefully hopefully BOTH major parties will take this election into account that you can't expect to win just because you're in power. Competition works great for everyone involved.

I just hope the "Conservative" Democrats (how Conservative will they stay after the Dem Party leadership cracks the whip?) stay that way instead of buckling under pressure, because they are the ones that helped win control of the Congress from the Republicans.

Thanks for coming back Paul.
I'm cheering for Hillary Clinton in the Dem Primaries in 2008 for Prez! heheheehehe.

Conservatives for Hindenburg Hillary!

-Jesse

Jesse -

One of Webb's book from which Allen took quotes, Fields of Fire, is required reading at the US Naval Academy as the foremost account of war in EXISTENCE, and the best Vietnam book ever written.

Everything Webb wrote about was from his experiences in war or as a journalist in foreign nations.

George Allen should try reading books instead of burning them. He lost 20,000 votes with that attack - and from Conservatives. And his pathetic bra-burning television ads attacking Webb for opposing women in combat were even worse. This guy is a joke.
george w. bush -
he kills retards DEAD
wahoopaul
Enemy of the State
Enemy of the State

Return to Politics & Discussion