Death Penalty For Teens

Left, Right, Up and Down, everyone thinks they're right. Preach to the choir.

Moderator: IHN Forum Moderators

Do You think teens should get the death penalty?

yes
64%
no
36%
undecided
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: Death Penalty For Teens

Postby insanehippie » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:33 pm

x0xblondex0x wrote:I do agree that teens "girls and boys" who commit a crime under the age of 18 SHOULD get the death penalty ONLY if you meet the requirements, I mean if you have a mental defect then maybe another course of action could be taken but I say if you go out and kill someone,rob a liquor store and kill someone,etc whatever the case may be if you can act like a man take the punishment like a man dont act all bad ass when commiting the crime then punk out after you get your favorite set of bracelets put on you...When you take a life your not just taking that persons life but your also taking that person's familie's life,friends,etc not to mention your own,family,friends...Commit a crime...you should get what you deserve...If I went out and killed someone I would want to have the highest penalty I could get....weird to say that but I wouldn't want it no other way because If I didn't get executed for what I did then there really is no justice served...

DAMN STRAIGHT!
:-)
http://www.boldconservative.com - A proud Red State Conservative, and Un-Reconstructed Southerner!
God Bless the Troops.
"Why not the Time Cube?" The only reason is educated stupidity. -TimeCube.com
insanehippie
Admin!
Admin!

Postby kristar » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:51 pm

GypsyDrug wrote:You wuss. If any of those terrible things happened to you or someone you love you'd want blood, don't lie.

yeah but i don't make my decisions based on how i would feel when i was enraged. because i also have to look at it as what if one of my family members or someone that i cared about did this certain thing? i am sure that when it is your family it is absolutely - impossible - to convince you that it is true. therefore you will go through the entire of your life thinking that they killed someone you cared about for nothing.

also, there have been situations, and even with technology that we have now, where people can be framed and then the death penalty is put on them. it isn't foolproof, and until then i don't believe in it.

it has nothing to do with being a wuss.
[drown me with affection while i drown myself in liquor]
kristar
Enemy of the State
Enemy of the State

Postby x0xblondex0x » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:49 pm

[font=Courier, monospace]My point being is If you are man enough to do something to kill someone you man enough to die for your actions...If you are mad at someone for something you shouldn't kill them...wannabe gang bangers act all bad ass on the streets but when it comes to being put to death...whats the first thing they say..."I'm sorry for what I have done please forgive me"...There is no forgiving for taking a life...It's not going to bring the victim back it's not going to take the pain away from either of the family's...As I said before If I killed someone I would want to be put to death..If the law didn't kill me or the family or friends of my victim I honestly believe I would kill myself...Who could live with themselves after taking a life? Thats cold hearted if you could :| [/font]
If you think sex is a pain in the ass, try different position.

If you wanna talk my name is Kinky Thing
If you wanna flirt I'm your secret fling
I'm your cyberslut, gonna make you see
I can make you happy if you play with me
x0xblondex0x
New User
New User

Postby kristar » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:06 pm

see i am also a believer that it would be worse to live in prison than it would to just die. there are certain people who would rather die than be put in prison because to some people death is a privledge.
[drown me with affection while i drown myself in liquor]
kristar
Enemy of the State
Enemy of the State

Schwarzenegger OKs State's First Execution in Years

Postby insanehippie » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:29 pm

Schwarzenegger OKs State's First Execution in Years
Tue Jan 18, 2005 04:50 PM ET

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger declined on Tuesday to grant clemency to killer Donald Beardslee, setting the stage for the first execution in three years in the most populous U.S. state.

Beardslee, 61, is scheduled to be put to death by lethal injection at San Quentin State Prison north of San Francisco at one minute after midnight on Wednesday morning for killing two women in 1981.

---
Thank God Arnold was elected after Brownout Davis was kicked out. Althought I thought he was elected solely because of his celebrity status things look encouraging in my eyes. Maybe he can have Northern California split from Southern California.

-Jesse
http://www.boldconservative.com - A proud Red State Conservative, and Un-Reconstructed Southerner!
God Bless the Troops.
insanehippie
Admin!
Admin!

Postby Mungman » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:32 pm

I shall as all ways play the devils advocate on this one. I point only to the fact that we have established a set of laws and standards all of which have to them attached specifications and qualifications one of them being age. Among these is the limited rights of the youth which deny full rights and priveledges of a citizen until age 35(thats the youngest you can be to run for president). The person in this case being seventeen(a maliscious sadistic fucker but still seventeen) was denied rights under the law due to the belief of his being incapable due to youth and also afforded protections under the law due to his youth. To bend these rules of course sounds right and without question or reprieve however by doing this we run the ethical questioning of our entire juvenile justice system.
"Wish in one hand. Shit in the other. See which hand fills up first." -God to me
Mungman
Isolated Basement Dweller
Isolated Basement Dweller

Location: Anally raping your mother while simultaneously pouring sugar in your gas tank.

It depends on the situation

Postby insanehippie » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:34 pm

glitter_dawl wrote:see i am also a believer that it would be worse to live in prison than it would to just die. there are certain people who would rather die than be put in prison because to some people death is a privledge.

It all depends on the person, some people would feel like a martyr if they were offed by the state, like Timothy McVeigh, the Unibomber, or some Islamofascist.

While others would have a quicker death and more suffering in prison than on the electric chair, like Scott Peterson (whom I would give less than 4 months in the prison general population before he's killed). Real sickos would be killed by the Inmate system of Justice.

Our real bad guys should be dealt with by the inmates, they don't have things like due process and the court of appeals to save them from the inmates.

-Jesse
God Bless the Troops.
insanehippie
Admin!
Admin!

Re: WHAT?

Postby jodax » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:46 pm

insanehippie wrote:That makes no sense...

We aren't talking about putting to death sane, rational people, we're talking about CONVICTED KILLERS who's only saving grace to some wussies, is that they're under the magic age of 18.

So according to you, since they can't vote, they should be given a free ride to life in prision instead of being put out of OUR misery? So should all convicted felons get the right to vote since they're on death row?

-Jesse

If you think a 13 year old can process information like an adult, commit an adult crime, and be punished by death, why not give her or him the right to vote, just like an adult? Give them a change to have their voice heard in the matter before we go applying laws upon them that could end their lives.
President of Vegetarians for Cannibalism
jodax
Deranged Hermit
Deranged Hermit

Postby Beezus » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:26 pm

Spending my tax dollars on keeping these pieces of shit alive just isn't worth it.
Beezus
Enemy of the State
Enemy of the State

Postby x0xblondex0x » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:37 pm

WHAT IN THE HELL IS A 13 AND 15 YEAR OLD DOING HAVING A BABY!?!?!?

Teens, 15 and 13, quizzed over dead baby

Newborn found in bag outside New York store front Church
Updated: 7:55 a.m. ET Jan. 17, 2005

NEW YORK - A 13-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy have been identified as the parents of a newborn baby boy found dead in a bag outside a closed storefront church, police said.

The baby was wrapped in towels and the umbilical cord was still attached, police said. The case has been deemed a homicide and an investigation is continuing, said Sergeant Michael Wysokowski, a police spokesman.

The teens were being questioned in the death, but no charges were filed against them as of Sunday. The baby was discovered Friday evening in the city’s Bronx borough after someone called 911
If you think sex is a pain in the ass, try different position.

If you wanna talk my name is Kinky Thing
If you wanna flirt I'm your secret fling
I'm your cyberslut, gonna make you see
I can make you happy if you play with me
x0xblondex0x
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Discussion