Death Penalty For Teens

Left, Right, Up and Down, everyone thinks they're right. Preach to the choir.

Moderator: IHN Forum Moderators

Do You think teens should get the death penalty?

yes
64%
no
36%
undecided
No votes

Total votes : 11

Postby jodax » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:02 pm

GypsyDrug wrote:Spending my tax dollars on keeping these pieces of shit alive just isn't worth it.

Well, you spend a lot on their lawyer fees, keeping them on death row, and their lengthy appeals process as well. There's no getting out of that.
President of Vegetarians for Cannibalism
jodax
Deranged Hermit
Deranged Hermit

Postby Beezus » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:03 pm

At least it's productive.
Beezus
Enemy of the State
Enemy of the State

Re: WHAT?

Postby insanehippie » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:37 pm

jodax wrote:
insanehippie wrote:That makes no sense...

We aren't talking about putting to death sane, rational people, we're talking about CONVICTED KILLERS who's only saving grace to some wussies, is that they're under the magic age of 18.

So according to you, since they can't vote, they should be given a free ride to life in prision instead of being put out of OUR misery? So should all convicted felons get the right to vote since they're on death row?

-Jesse

If you think a 13 year old can process information like an adult, commit an adult crime, and be punished by death, why not give her or him the right to vote, just like an adult? Give them a change to have their voice heard in the matter before we go applying laws upon them that could end their lives.

The difference is that most 13 year olds have the sense not to murder people. I don´t know where in the world you came up with this rediculous "they need to vote" angle. In fact, nutjob murderers like them are the people who should NOT vote. There's a reason why convicted felons cannot vote, own firearms, or be hired for many jobs, they are not sane.

Your thinking is the complete opposite of our justice system's way of doing things. If someone majorly screws up they are punished and NOT given special perks due to their deeds.

That kind of thinking might work in your beloved Germany, or wherever you get it, but it doesn't fly here.

-Jesse
http://www.boldconservative.com - A proud Red State Conservative, and Un-Reconstructed Southerner!
God Bless the Troops.
"Why not the Time Cube?" The only reason is educated stupidity. -TimeCube.com
insanehippie
Admin!
Admin!

fry em up

Postby insanehippie » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:45 pm

jodax wrote:
GypsyDrug wrote:Spending my tax dollars on keeping these pieces of shit alive just isn't worth it.

Well, you spend a lot on their lawyer fees, keeping them on death row, and their lengthy appeals process as well. There's no getting out of that.

Many states have an automagic appeal activated anytime someone gets put on Death Row. I´m fine with that, it's a sunk cost because of due process, if they were put in for life imprisonment there would be a similiar cost. Tho I don't want to pay or see these bastards still in jail for 30 years, when they can be gone in a few years or less.

Look at Charlie Manson, that monster is still in jail, on a life imprisonment sentence. His crimes happened in the late 1960's... Think of how much money and space he has used up in California. That could've been solved if he was fried or thrown into the ocean. Our prisons are overcrowded because of the overreaching war on drugs, and prevalence of criminals.

When I´m 40 in the year 2020, I'll prolly still be hearing about Charlie Manson. As the song goes, "Only the good die young."

-Jesse

-Jesse
http://www.boldconservative.com - A proud Red State Conservative, and Un-Reconstructed Southerner!
God Bless the Troops.
insanehippie
Admin!
Admin!

abortion in a trashcan

Postby insanehippie » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:58 pm

x0xblondex0x wrote:WHAT IN THE HELL IS A 13 AND 15 YEAR OLD DOING HAVING A BABY!?!?!?

Teens, 15 and 13, quizzed over dead baby

Newborn found in bag outside New York store front Church
Updated: 7:55 a.m. ET Jan. 17, 2005

NEW YORK - A 13-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy have been identified as the parents of a newborn baby boy found dead in a bag outside a closed storefront church, police said.

The baby was wrapped in towels and the umbilical cord was still attached, police said. The case has been deemed a homicide and an investigation is continuing, said Sergeant Michael Wysokowski, a police spokesman.

The teens were being questioned in the death, but no charges were filed against them as of Sunday. The baby was discovered Friday evening in the city’s Bronx borough after someone called 911

After hearing about the teenagers that aborted a kid with a baseball bat, and no charges being filed, I'll expect anything. It's sickening.

If that was my son or daughter they wouldn't have to worry about thinking about that aborted baby, they'd be locked indoors until they turn 18.

I'm glad I'm single.

-Jesse
God Bless the Troops.
insanehippie
Admin!
Admin!

Re: WHAT?

Postby jodax » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:59 am

insanehippie wrote:
The difference is that most 13 year olds have the sense not to murder people. I don´t know where in the world you came up with this rediculous "they need to vote" angle. In fact, nutjob murderers like them are the people who should NOT vote. There's a reason why convicted felons cannot vote, own firearms, or be hired for many jobs, they are not sane.

Your thinking is the complete opposite of our justice system's way of doing things. If someone majorly screws up they are punished and NOT given special perks due to their deeds.

That kind of thinking might work in your beloved Germany, or wherever you get it, but it doesn't fly here.

-Jesse

I'm not talking about social perks for doing bad deeds, for example, murder someone at the age of 16 get the right to vote. I'm just pointing out the discontinuous logic of the law when it comes to people under 18. In one aspect if someone is under 18 years old they are not an adult, they cannot vote, sign contracts without parents, etc etc, however in criminal cases they can be treated like and adult. My problem with it is, why are some parts of the law treating those who are under 18 like they are not adults, while other parts can treat them as adults? It doesn't make much sense. You are either adult or not under the law, not pseudo adult in which you are adult in criminal court, but not civil matters.

I understand the concept that the law is not necessarily a continuous thing, that always makes sense, but in logic this sort of treatment does not seem to fit. If most 17 year olds can process information just like an adult, and be tried and convicted just like an adult, why do they not have the same rights as someone 1 year older?
President of Vegetarians for Cannibalism
jodax
Deranged Hermit
Deranged Hermit

Postby kristar » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:32 am

your tax dollars are going to be spent keeping lowlifes in jail regardless. even if it was not someone that murdered someone inhumainely it would still be someone who committed a crime.

all i know is that here in canada we have dangerous offenders such as paul bernardo. those people are kept in jail for their entire lives with no chance of ever getting out, i like that.

i do however, believe that they should let the inmates have their way. they shouldn't keep these people in cells away from the other inmates because that gives them special treatment which they don't deserve because they are the scums of the earth.

i don't know... i can understand everyone's point, all i know is that i am personally against it.
[drown me with affection while i drown myself in liquor]
kristar
Enemy of the State
Enemy of the State

Re: abortion in a trashcan

Postby x0xblondex0x » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:16 am

insanehippie wrote:
x0xblondex0x wrote:WHAT IN THE HELL IS A 13 AND 15 YEAR OLD DOING HAVING A BABY!?!?!?

Teens, 15 and 13, quizzed over dead baby

Newborn found in bag outside New York store front Church
Updated: 7:55 a.m. ET Jan. 17, 2005

NEW YORK - A 13-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy have been identified as the parents of a newborn baby boy found dead in a bag outside a closed storefront church, police said.

The baby was wrapped in towels and the umbilical cord was still attached, police said. The case has been deemed a homicide and an investigation is continuing, said Sergeant Michael Wysokowski, a police spokesman.

The teens were being questioned in the death, but no charges were filed against them as of Sunday. The baby was discovered Friday evening in the city’s Bronx borough after someone called 911

After hearing about the teenagers that aborted a kid with a baseball bat, and no charges being filed, I'll expect anything. It's sickening.

If that was my son or daughter they wouldn't have to worry about thinking about that aborted baby, they'd be locked indoors until they turn 18.

I'm glad I'm single.

-Jesse

If you can make a baby you should be able to raise a baby..it may sound weird like that but thats just how I see it..I am 100% against abortion..only if you are a crackhead...there is a thing called adoption :|
If I had a baby at my age I would NEVER think of doing my baby like that it's wrong and against everything I stand for...And hopefully the father would think the same way " I wish teenagers would think of something called birth control and condoms...or not even having sex...geez I played with baby dolls until I was 12-13...What happened to that?...
If you think sex is a pain in the ass, try different position.

If you wanna talk my name is Kinky Thing
If you wanna flirt I'm your secret fling
I'm your cyberslut, gonna make you see
I can make you happy if you play with me
x0xblondex0x
New User
New User

Re: abortion in a trashcan

Postby kristar » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:06 am

x0xblondex0x wrote:If you can make a baby you should be able to raise a baby..it may sound weird like that but thats just how I see it..I am 100% against abortion..only if you are a crackhead...there is a thing called adoption :|
If I had a baby at my age I would NEVER think of doing my baby like that it's wrong and against everything I stand for...And hopefully the father would think the same way " I wish teenagers would think of something called birth control and condoms...or not even having sex...geez I played with baby dolls until I was 12-13...What happened to that?...

that's also a matter of opinion. obviously the baseball bat thing is disgusting. but i am most definatly pro choice.
[drown me with affection while i drown myself in liquor]
kristar
Enemy of the State
Enemy of the State

Postby Mungman » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:28 pm

Damn this post has gone everywhere. My point was to say that we cannot hold a double standard under the law. We cannot give and deny as it suits us. As for the abortion thing what do you expect with abstinence education. kids are gonna fuck throw em a rubber for christ sake.
"Wish in one hand. Shit in the other. See which hand fills up first." -God to me
Mungman
Isolated Basement Dweller
Isolated Basement Dweller

Location: Anally raping your mother while simultaneously pouring sugar in your gas tank.

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Discussion