Is Slavery Inherently Wrong?

General chatting.

Moderator: IHN Forum Moderators

Winter

Postby insanehippie » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:10 am

Cwew wrote:I think we're trying to use the word "Slave" here in two different ways. Slavery in the typical sense, and then slavery to one corporation or society, or whatever, which is a more current spin on the word.

"I'm a slave of society" is an example, and somewhat correct in that most poor people depend on society to provide for them, and in a sense they feel trapped where they are without hope of escape. Which is why the term came about I guess, but it's a false sense of hopelessness. Everyone in america, with a desire, and without some sort of mental illness or debilitating condition (and even some of them) can better themselves. Most of the welfare babies don't want to better themselves, they like being taken care of.

As to slaves in the origional sense, it's obviously wrong. If you don't think so, go get captured and become a slave for a while...I think you'll agree after a week and be begging to come home. The most inhumane condition of slavery isn't the beatings, isn't the lack of food, isn't the horrible living conditions...it's the fact that you can't say the next day "ok, that's enough....I'm outa here" Freedom to choose.

So why'd this question need to be asked? Just a random question, or looking for some justification Winter? :wink:

I think Winter just likes seeing us talk about stuff, and I think that he likes seeing us get angry when he says stupid stuff. I can't think of any other reason for it.
http://www.boldconservative.com - A proud Red State Conservative, and Un-Reconstructed Southerner!
God Bless the Troops.
"Why not the Time Cube?" The only reason is educated stupidity. -TimeCube.com
insanehippie
Admin!
Admin!

Postby Ronquistador » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:35 pm

he gets bored
"Hooray for me and to hell with you!"
-Mr Nunally... RIP
Ronquistador
(Ask InsaneHippie for a custom rank)
(Ask InsaneHippie for a custom rank)

Postby PugLuv83 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:11 pm

Oh, what kind of stupid-ass question is "Is slavery wrong?" anyway. WTF.
Okay all of you geeks - PUG is not just a gaming term... It's also a breed of dog. And a type of handgun, so don't make fun of my dog.
PugLuv83
Thought Police
Thought Police

Previous

Return to General Ranting